3D printed home can be constructed for under $4,000
These 3D printed homes can be built in less than 24 hours at a cost of only $4,000. They could help families living in poverty and unsafe conditions. New Story, a housing charity organization, and ICON, a construction tech company, have partnered together. Their goal is to end global homelessness.
An entire community of these 3D printed homes will be constructed in El Salvador. The ultimate goal is to get costs down to $4,000 per house with a build time of fewer than 24 hours.
- New Sydney Fish Market Design unveiled - December 3, 2018
- Linear friction welding - November 26, 2018
- Connected Vehicle: The Future of Transportation - November 19, 2018
- Could seaweed be the solution to our growing plastic problem? - November 12, 2018
- Zaha Hadid Architects and ETH Zurich develop knitted concrete system - November 5, 2018
- World’s longest sea crossing bridge opens in China - October 29, 2018
- Car-free, more livable cities - October 22, 2018
- Least stressful cities in the world - October 15, 2018
- Water pipe turbines generating clean energy - October 8, 2018
- Top 10 tallest buildings in the world in 2020 - October 2, 2018