3D printed home can be constructed for under $4,000
These 3D printed homes can be built in less than 24 hours at a cost of only $4,000. They could help families living in poverty and unsafe conditions. New Story, a housing charity organization, and ICON, a construction tech company, have partnered together. Their goal is to end global homelessness.
An entire community of these 3D printed homes will be constructed in El Salvador. The ultimate goal is to get costs down to $4,000 per house with a build time of fewer than 24 hours.
- German supermarket uses no plastic packaging - March 18, 2019
- Rio de Janeiro turns garbage into energy - March 11, 2019
- Whirlpool provides energy to rural areas - March 4, 2019
- Latest innovations in tackling ocean pollution - February 25, 2019
- Australian engineers quietly changing the world - February 18, 2019
- What is a smart city ? - February 11, 2019
- Space technology to predict droughts several months in advance - January 29, 2019
- Seabin: Rubbish bin for the ocean - January 21, 2019
- Earthquake-resistant concrete - January 14, 2019
- Green Bus Rapid Transit - January 7, 2019