3D printed home can be constructed for under $4,000
These 3D printed homes can be built in less than 24 hours at a cost of only $4,000. They could help families living in poverty and unsafe conditions. New Story, a housing charity organization, and ICON, a construction tech company, have partnered together. Their goal is to end global homelessness.
An entire community of these 3D printed homes will be constructed in El Salvador. The ultimate goal is to get costs down to $4,000 per house with a build time of fewer than 24 hours.
- The Ocean Cleanup - September 17, 2018
- Norway’s $47BN Coastal Highway - September 10, 2018
- Smartflower: The world’s smartest solar solution - September 3, 2018
- How cohousing can make us happier (and live longer) - August 27, 2018
- Home of the Future - August 20, 2018
- Mirvac forms Build-to-Rent club - August 13, 2018
- UBERAIR Skyport - August 6, 2018
- The world’s first solar freeway is here - July 21, 2018
- Newly built mall collapses due to structural failures - July 16, 2018
- First family to move into a 3D-printed house - July 9, 2018