Portland has installed turbines in 15 metres of pipes as a trial at a cost of 1.7 million dollars. They generate around 1,100 megawatt-hours of electricity every year. Enough to power about 150 homes and cut back on the use of polluting fossil fuels.
Should Australian cities install turbines in its water pipes too?
- This spray makes objects indestructible - May 20, 2019
- ACSES Engineers recognised as a leading PhD employer - May 13, 2019
- Meet the WasteShark - May 6, 2019
- Dubai to 3D print a quarter of its future buildings - April 29, 2019
- How close are we to a self-driving world? - April 26, 2019
- Will Fossil Fuels Run Out? - April 8, 2019
- Autonomous Rail Rapid Transit - March 25, 2019
- German supermarket uses no plastic packaging - March 18, 2019
- Rio de Janeiro turns garbage into energy - March 11, 2019
- Whirlpool provides energy to rural areas - March 4, 2019