Portland has installed turbines in 15 metres of pipes as a trial at a cost of 1.7 million dollars. They generate around 1,100 megawatt-hours of electricity every year. Enough to power about 150 homes and cut back on the use of polluting fossil fuels.
Should Australian cities install turbines in its water pipes too?
- New Sydney Fish Market Design unveiled - December 3, 2018
- Linear friction welding - November 26, 2018
- Connected Vehicle: The Future of Transportation - November 19, 2018
- Could seaweed be the solution to our growing plastic problem? - November 12, 2018
- Zaha Hadid Architects and ETH Zurich develop knitted concrete system - November 5, 2018
- World’s longest sea crossing bridge opens in China - October 29, 2018
- Car-free, more livable cities - October 22, 2018
- Least stressful cities in the world - October 15, 2018
- Water pipe turbines generating clean energy - October 8, 2018
- Top 10 tallest buildings in the world in 2020 - October 2, 2018