Portland has installed turbines in 15 metres of pipes as a trial at a cost of 1.7 million dollars. They generate around 1,100 megawatt-hours of electricity every year. Enough to power about 150 homes and cut back on the use of polluting fossil fuels.
Should Australian cities install turbines in its water pipes too?
- Least stressful cities in the world - October 15, 2018
- Water pipe turbines generating clean energy - October 8, 2018
- Top 10 tallest buildings in the world in 2020 - October 2, 2018
- The Netherlands has built the world’s first bike path made from recycled plastic - September 24, 2018
- The Ocean Cleanup - September 17, 2018
- Norway’s $47BN Coastal Highway - September 10, 2018
- Smartflower: The world’s smartest solar solution - September 3, 2018
- How cohousing can make us happier (and live longer) - August 27, 2018
- Home of the Future - August 20, 2018
- Mirvac forms Build-to-Rent club - August 13, 2018