Portland has installed turbines in 15 metres of pipes as a trial at a cost of 1.7 million dollars. They generate around 1,100 megawatt-hours of electricity every year. Enough to power about 150 homes and cut back on the use of polluting fossil fuels.
Should Australian cities install turbines in its water pipes too?
- Australian engineers quietly changing the world - February 18, 2019
- What is a smart city ? - February 11, 2019
- Space technology to predict droughts several months in advance - January 29, 2019
- Seabin: Rubbish bin for the ocean - January 21, 2019
- Earthquake-resistant concrete - January 14, 2019
- Green Bus Rapid Transit - January 7, 2019
- What is a Smart City - December 17, 2018
- New Sydney Fish Market Design unveiled - December 3, 2018
- Linear friction welding - November 26, 2018
- Connected Vehicle: The Future of Transportation - November 19, 2018