This innovative power plant in Ethiopia burns waste to produce enough energy for up to a quarter of homes in the capital city, Addis Ababa.
The plant also produces water, eco-friendly bricks and creates hundreds of local jobs.
In the film, Global Managing Director, Samuel Alemayehu, talks us through how the project works and the impact and benefits it has for Ethiopia.
- 5 terrifying ways humanity is damaging the planet - January 28, 2020
- China’s “floating bridge” built in the middle of a river - January 20, 2020
- Japan: World Leading Solar Power - January 13, 2020
- Anglesey: UK’s first “plastic-free” county - December 2, 2019
- Recycling solution to Australia’s plastic problem? - November 18, 2019
- The world’s highest bridge - November 4, 2019
- Road to the Future - October 21, 2019
- The World’s Most Extreme Construction Site - October 10, 2019
- 15 tallest buildings in the world that have completed construction in 2019 - October 4, 2019
- Ethiopia burns waste to produce energy - September 23, 2019